It goes like this.
Questionable opinions espoused by my Cantonese tutor Serena while she was at our house last night
- I bet you like Pearl Harbor.
- You will enjoy the plot of this other Chinese movie I’m about to spend 15 minutes describing to you.
- Maybe the reason you don’t like Pearl Harbor is that it is too depressing.
- We did presentations on world events during in one of our business classes, and the funniest one was about September 11th.
- Rudy Giuliani is wonderful.
- Pearl Harbor is one of America’s best films.
- You must be very concerned about Rudy Giuliani’s health.
Unfortunate Freudian slips from a recent recent SAT tutoring sessions
- When I intended to read the phrase “Men are not made for the landscape; the landscape is made for men”: “Men are not made for the manscape; the manscape is made for men.”
Surprising responses Chinese students give to the question, “Can you name a concrete noun?”