Friday, September 11, 2009

Guangzhou sweater weather!

By which I mean not mid 60s with a slight breeze but instead weather that makes me sweaty. At this point, you should just assume that I'm sweaty all the time, unless I explicitly say otherwise.

So yesterday, in addition to being Teachers' Ultimate Fantasy Day, was supposed to be pay day. We're usually paid on the 10th of the month, but that was yesterday and we still don't have our money. Just when you thought September 11th couldn't get any worse, you know?

Just a quick post before we run out to dinner to say that it was so sweaty today that I finally bit the bullet and went to the pool with my new suimtrunks, which Jason says are called "jammers" on the circuit. I did a google image search for "jammers" and found this man,

His name is Jammer, and he is the mascot for the Joliet Jackhammers (a non-MLB pro baseball team), and he looks more dignified than I did. The Jackhammers' website says that you can get One (1) hour of Jammer's wacky blue antics for 100 American dollars, which I would be able to (barely) afford, if I had gotten paid. But I didn't get paid, so I can't enjoy his antics, and the terrorists have won.

Also, for the first time, I saw my students at the pool today. Four of them. And they saw me. Jamming out in mah jammers.