Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Air Canada journey complete

My body does not know what hour it is so who knows if this will be coherent.

Based on my trip today, I have decided that Canada is a very pleasant country. Maybe I should move there to teach English for a year! Incidentally, Air Canada maintains the charming fantasy that people flying from San Francisco to Hong Kong want to hear the majority of their in-flight announcements in French.

And guess who's excited about the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver??? Air Canada sure is! Based on how little I'd heard about the 2010 olympics before today, I think they're the only ones.

Changing planes in Vancouver meant that I got a chance to see the splendid Vancouver International Airport.  Very rustic. Several totem poles. There was even a fake stream that you cross on a little bridge after you submit your immigration form. I would have taken pictures, but I didn't think that that was allowed, and the guards, despite being Canadian, could still beat me up.

So now I'm in Hong Kong, watching 24 with Chinese subtitles. Spoiler alert: someone just betrayed someone else, and Jack looks very rugged. And now there's an ad on which just shows a woman slowly pulling on her underwear while someone sings softly in German in the background. Just like home.